Products and processes – The twin pillars of excellence
Products change and evolve in keeping with the times, consumer behavior, market trends and ever changing technology. The lifecycles and development through the years can transform products. If your team finds it difficult to keep up with the changes, how can they communicate those effectively to the consumer?
Processes are no different. Each with their own business goals. They are meant to be achieving a singular purpose. Your teams must be focused on how the system facilitates better outcomes.
- FAB – Features, Advantages, Benefits – Are your teams abreast of every minor change?
- Mass content – Is it represented to be easily retained by learners without being detailed?
- No effort to update changes or insights
- Global workforce has training challenges
Perception and intricacies of process training are key factors. All processes are designed to facilitate, but most are dynamic in nature.
- Consistency – Are training channels and messaging consistent?
- Action and application – Apart from knowledge and understanding, can learners apply processes responsibly? In real life?
- Engagement – Is the content structured for optimal use and experience?
- PTS – Is there adequate support for learners?
How Ozemio overcomes challenges
Ozemio’s approach is a meticulously designed system that has been developed to account for every possible scenario with utmost precision, leaving no room for ambiguity.
Learners often question the need for training. The phenomena of WIFM/B – What’s in it for me/Business needs to be clarified and specific contexts need to be set. This helps greatly in managing expectations.
Where does the main story lie? We focus only on key tasks that are business-critical. Our performance support helps with the rest.
Self exploration is encouraged, and a guided practice allows learners to fail in a safe environment.
Web-based training, microlearning, explainer videos
Reinforcement exercise with feedback
Post training support, mentorship, and complementary content
Clients who have experienced Ozemio
Sports committee for people with learning disabilities develops training for security and medical staff to help respond to athletes with disability
High-profile legal insurance firm builds video learning program that guides clients through the complications of the medical malpractice lawsuit process
Game-based eLearning simulation upskills, motivates and revitalises sales teams for multi-national laundry systems giant